Recently, members of LEMOINE attended a ground breaking ceremony at Delgado Community College for the new Ochsner Center for Nursing and Allied Health. Joining our team at the event were Chancellor Steib, and President Sullivan, Governor John Bel Edwards, Higher Education Commissioner Kim Hunter Reed, Mayor LaToya Cantrell, Delgado Foundation President Lee Giorgio, Ochsner Health CEO Warner Thomas, Ochsner Health Board Chairman Andy Wisdom, and other officials and guests.
Ochsner Health has committed $20M in a joint effort with Delgado Community College to train the next generation of nurses and allied health professionals. Of the total sum, $10M will contribute to the construction of a new, state-of-the-art building at Delgado’s City Park Campus in New Orleans, LA. The remaining $10 million will be used to cover full-time tuition for Ochsner employees to pursue degrees and credentials in nursing and allied health programs at Delgado.
LEMOINE is thrilled to begin construction of this project, which will feature:
- State-of-the-art labs
- Modern classrooms
- 120,000 total SF
- Simulated hospital to ensure facilitated collaboration
- Capacity for 1,500 students, including nearly 900 nursing students
- $38.6 million total budget
- Designed by Manning Architects of New Orleans and Mackey Mitchell Architects of St. Louis
- Consolidates Delgado’s Charity School of Nursing and most Allied Health Division programs
The project is expected to be completed in time for the Spring Semester of 2023.